IF PART OR ALL OF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOUR CHILDHOOD…
- You had highly critical parents and felt torn down by their comments rather than inspired or motivated by them
- Your parents were immature and needed you take care of them emotionally, physically, or by taking up some of their adult responsibilities
- Yelling was a primary mode of getting attention in your family of origin
- Corporal punishment like spanking, hitting, or inflicting pain in any way was considered an acceptable way for your parents to express their disappointment.
- There was a lot of avoidance and a lack of meaningful guidance around critical topics and difficulties in your childhood.
WE MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR WORKING TOGETHER IF…
- You want to break these family patterns of isolation, rejection, and neglect
- You want your kids to have a different childhood than you had, and you’re struggling to figure out how to make that a reality
- You feel alone in parenting and don’t feel resonant with the advice you get from family, friend, maybe even your partner
- Parenting books are only somewhat helpful in guiding you on how to be the parent you want to be
- You’re dedicated to providing a more kind and caring experience for your own children
TWO WAYS TO WORK WITH ME:
1. Identify and change family patterns of harm self-guided course
2. Meeting you where you are one-on-one series
IDENTIFY AND CHANGE FAMILY PATTERNS OF HARM
A LIVE BETA VERSION OF THIS COURSE IS BEING OFFERED IN NOVEMBER 2023, SEE BELOW FOR DATES.
THE SELF-GUIDED VERSION OF THIS COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE JANUARY 2024.
This live course will run three dates in November with the possibility of more dates added later if demand is high.
We will gather for 2 hours on Zoom to walk through identifying the family patterns that caused harm and that you are wanting to avoid repeating. For a limited time cost of the course is $49!
- Saturday November 4th at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern
- Wednesday November 8th at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern
- Thursday November 9th at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern
In this course:
- I will guide you through recalling past experiences that negatively changed your understanding of yourself and your place in your family. (Therefore, you may want to have a therapist while you’re doing this work)
- You will not linger long on the difficulty, but quickly start to metabolize these events so that you can use them to very directly name what you do want.
- Name your hopes and desires for how you want your family culture to be.
- Identify the first steps in getting there, teaming up with Sun and Moon Mother to more clearly be in touch with the workings of your nervous system regulation.
- I will introduce you to Wind Mother, as she is the guide to letting go, freeing yourselves from the tendrils of old narratives, and dreaming as a form of planning.
At the end of this course you will have a clear idea of your personal family patterns that resulted in you being harmed. By naming and identifying this pattern you will be able to identify more clearly what it is that you do want. So often we move away from negative stimuli, rather than intentionally moving toward something better.
You will leave this course with a map of where you are coming from and where you are going to. You will also articulate your first steps toward the life and family culture that you do want.
This will serve as a template for your beginning, though it’s also a touchstone when things start to feel wobbly again, as they inevitably do as we implement new skills, tools, and dynamics.
DO NOT ENROLL IN THE LIVE COURSE IF YOU CAN’T MAKE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DATES:
If you cannot make one of the following dates I will be running it again in early 2024.
- Saturday November 4th at 10am-noon Pacific Time
- Wednesday November 8th at Noon-2pm Pacific Time
- Friday November 10th at 3pm-5pm Pacific Time
2. MEETING YOU WHERE YOU ARE: 4-Session Series
In this series we work one-to-one to explore where you are relative to the Landscape of Mothers map. We articulate the struggle that you are addressing in your family line (or in your household), and what is missing in that experience. We then locate those struggles and strengths in Landscape of Mothers so that you have support for the changes you are making.
We begin with the restorative nature of Sun and Moon Mother. Then we’ll move on to explore three more of the Mothers to help you with your particular struggle.
I will offer exercises and tasks for you to do between sessions to clarify and anchor the work you’re doing.
In our sessions we will:
- begin with Sun and Moon Mother to notice the cycles and rhythms you are currently operating in
- name the struggle in your family line so that we can see what’s missing in that painful pattern; often it’s something like respect, autonomy, regulation, attunement, or emotional or physical availability.
- choose an approach to provide the missing ingredient in the family dynamic, which includes choosing a Mother (or a few) to work with to provide focus for your exploration
- explore the strengths and struggles of the Mother(s) you choose
- locate other Mothers who can balance and restore the landscape you are struggling in
- create a list of resources and tools for you to engage the mothers and begin to make changes to your lineage legacy
At the end of the series you will have better clarity on what is happening in your family line that you want to change and how to find what’s missing in it. You will also leave this series with a full understanding of how to work with Landscape of Mothers archetypes so that you have support for this healing, even if your family isn’t on board. You will have resources and tools for continuing to build relationships with the archetypes and further exploring and refining what kind of parent you want to be.
I do this series of four 1-hour sessions on a sliding scale of $175-$225
$225 if your needs are easily met
$200 if you are financially steady
$175 if things are tight
(This structure allows me to get my needs met while also meeting you all where you are. If it fits for you, please consider the first tier.)
You can register for this series and choose your dates/times for our meetings here:
Enrolling in either the Identifying Family Patterns of Harm self-study course or doing the 4-session series is currently the way to begin working with me and Landscape of Mothers. Following the series there are other explorations available to do one-to-one.
- Landscape of Mothers as a Wheel (10 sessions): getting to know each Mother archetype and her skill set in turn so that all are easily accessible when you need or want them.
- Landscape of Mothers as Four Practices (6 sessions): Personal Practice, Spiritual Practice, Communal Practice, and Ancestral Healing Practice.
- Landscape of Mothers as a Council (4-8 sessions): Creating your own Council of Mothers / Deepening your relationship with archetypes